Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ramblings on Christmas Morning















During the past few weeks, I, maybe like you, began to worry.  About what?  Well, my family of course - that they'd receive enough gifts this morning for it to feel like, well...Christmas.  I was worried more about them, right?  Not the way the situation would make me feel, right?

And my kids were so thankful for all the things they received.  They are so very appreciative.  Quite the opposite of the way I was as a child.  

I've found that I try to live vicariously through my children.  I anticipate let downs.  The thing is, they're much sweeter than I ever was.

And in the midst of my worry, I lose sight of how blessed I am.

Thank you, Jesus.  For the selfless gift of You.  For the traditions You redeemed.  For coming near.  

No comments: