Monday, November 24, 2008

Change


I'm contemplating some serious life change.  Significant.  It's scary.  But I've always thought I looked better as a woman.  I'm kidding, of course.  Or am I?  Okay, this is getting weird.

The truth is, I simply must stop what I am currently doing.  But why does that feel like an impossible wall to scale?  Did you read Rachel's blog from Saturday?  Go read it.  She speaks to this exact issue.

She even stole my verse (haha), 2 Timothy 1:7 - it's been my life verse for years since I victoriously came through a crippling battle with panic attacks.  "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind."

My mind is one of power.  I can create change for selfish reasons, or I can do it for the glory of God.  I like the latter.  It frees me up to simply stop.  

If you're a regular reader of this blog, the time will soon come when I ask you to take part in this decision of change.  Yes.  You.  Really.  Why?  Well, because I need your help.

The scriptures say God doesn't change (Malachi 3:6), but I know that I must constantly evolve.  I know that I've never quite "got it."  And if I stop evolving, stop learning.  If I stop seeking, discovering and asking hard questions of myself and others; seeking truths that may not exist in this lifetime, well...then I just missed it all.  

Change is coming...

No comments: